Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Some Reflection From the Couch

It was a cloudy day not so long ago
I loved it when it rained, but not that day
It was a cold day. The cold tiles made it even more so
And my eyelids were heavy, trying to drift me away

I heard a sound, calling out to me
A sound that was not foreign, but long I had forgotten
It said, "Are you in for a journey of rediscovery?"
I was startled, for I felt the fading of my loathed burden

I followed the sound, turned out it belonged to four
Why, I asked myself, does it feel so close and warm
Lord tell me, I said to myself, is that really an open door
Yes, I told the four, take me to the best of time

And so they did, and they never desert me now
They are seas away yet never do I feel afar
The four, I hold onto them dear for all I know
I see pictures, close my eyes, and I see stars
And I am a child again lounging in innocence
Brought back by a sound that has been close to me since

Perth, WA, Australia
26 August 2014

For Andrea, Caroline, Jim, and Sharon
Thank you for bringing me back

No comments:

Post a Comment