Thursday, February 17, 2011

Today

So today...em, nothing special. This morning I had bread and cheese for breakfast--as usual, and then left for school at 6:30 am.

I arrived at school at 6:45. Then I studied geography for the test today. To be honest, it wasn't so difficult, but I'm not very sure I'll get 100.

After the geography test, we had a TOEFL listening test. It'd have been not so difficult if I didn't put too much pressure on myself. I kept thinking about the TOEFL score I need to get in order to go to my preferred university after graduating from high school. Last semester I didn't expect anything from my TOEFL test and my score was 530. And to go to my preferred university, I need to get at least 550.

Plus, I felt sleepy during the test. But I'm sure I did pretty well.

And I forgot to bring something for math class...I don't know what it is called in English, but it is something we use to draw circles. In bahasa Indonesia we call it jangka. During the class the teacher tried to make sure if we all brought that thing.

When she approached my desk, I said, "I bought it yesterday, but I forgot to bring it."

"Then you don't bring it," she said coldly.

I just smiled ridiculously, and then put my right hand on the desk. And she hit my hand with a ruler. It wasn't hurt, really. At least my expression showed that it wasn't.

In chemistry class, the teacher--who also happens to be my homeroom--announced the result of our latest test. And I failed. Nothing surprising, I've always failed every chemistry test I've had since I started high school. But despite how suck I do in chemistry, the teacher never scolds me at all. I have to admit, it is simply because I behave pretty well in her class. Never make too much noises, never talk or giggle relentlessly, and never confrontthe teacher. And she knows exactly I don't need to be such a smartass in chemistry because I'm going to Business Class in grade XI instead of Science. Yeah...BUSINESS CLASS IS NOT FOR THE STUPIDS!

I came home at 3:45 pm and quickly changed my clothes before turning on the TV. Then I watched Samantha Stosur crushed Patty Schnyder in Dubai, and shortly after that, Svetlana Kuznetsova and Francesca Schiavone entered the court. They played the longest ever Grand Slam Women's Singles match at the Australian Open earlier this year, which Fran won 6 - 4, 1 - 6, 16 - 14 in 4 hours and 44 minutes (funny, right?). Fran took the first set 6 - 1, and probably because I was too tired, I fell asleep. When I woke up, Sveta already won the second set 6 - 0. And a few moments later, Sveta closed the third set 7 - 5. Great games from both players, both are great fighters, and next time they play each other I need to prepare for the cardiac workout they will probably give.

And I already printed the bahasa Indonesia version of Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry off. It is a story about an African-American family during the Depression Era in Mississippi. Great story, really. Then I studied sociology for the test tomorrow (wish me luck!), and after studying I quickly got out of my room to watch Ace on Star Sports.

The first topic they brought on Ace was Justine Henin's retirement. Which made me really, really sad. I cried--literally--when I heard about her retirement (I wasn't able to spell the word R-E-T-I-R-E-M-E-N-T correctly for a few days after that) on January 26, 2011. She retired only 22 days after I met her and got her autograph twice at the Hopman Cup in Perth. That day, January 4, 2011, was one of the best days in my life. Never imagined before that I'd meet one of the greatest tennis players in the world, and get her autograph twice. I even talked to her--after she signed my tennis ball, I said, "Thank you, Justine!" and she said, "...welcome." Obviously she was really tired, but at least she responded to what I said!

A few days ago Justine made a press conference in Belgium to explain about her retirement. Basically she stated that she still really wanted to play, but she had to be realistic because her injury isn't easy to heal and she's almost 29 years of age. And she denied the rumors that she would sell her academy in Limelette, Belgium. She said she will continue working with some young players at her academy. And the most interesting fact is that she literally kicked out some journalists who made bad rumors about her (doping, etc.) of the press room. She cannot forget or forgive them for making those bad rumors. Neither can her fans and supporters. I have to admit Justine's fans are one of the most loyal tennis fan groups. Just go on her official Facebook page and you'll see.

By the way, Victoria Azarenka and Flavia Pennetta played a really, really great match today. Flavia took the first set 6 - 3 and lead 5 - 1 in the second, but somehow Vika fought back and win the second set 7 - 6(2)! Vika lead 4 - 1 in the third, but she made too many errors, and eventually Flavia won the match 6 - 3, 6(2) - 7, 6 - 4. Good for Flavia, and kudos to Vika for fighting very, very hard (and she didn't grunt as much as she usually does during the match, which was worrying).

Ok, so that's all for tonight. Will be back with some interesting stories, also. To those people who want to go straight to bed, have a nice dream! And for those who want to stay awake to watch some tennis matches, never forget that #sleepisfortheweak!

No comments:

Post a Comment